Screening of donors
SellmerDiers Sperm bank guarantees that donors have been sselected and screened in accordance with the current quality and safety standards. The purpose is to exclude donor applicants with pathogenic organisms, infectious diseases, genetic deseases etc. that may constitute a risk of disease to the Customer or any donor child.
Donor applicants go through an extensive approval procudure according to applicable rules, the recommendations of the Danish Health and Medicines Aurhority and the Clinic's internal standards.
The selection criteria in this procedure include:
- Donor age
- Assessment of risk behaviour
- Donor interviews
- Complection of questionnaires
- Possibly review og medicel records to determine the medical history of the donor applicant and his family
- A physical examination
- Assessment by a specialist in human genetics
- Sperm, blood and urine sampling with a view to testing sperm quality and for a wide range of infectious and genetic diseases
HIV, hepatitis B & C, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, chromosomal analysis, cystic fibrosis, CMV and Blood type.
In addition, donors are tested and examined for infectious diseases on an ongoing basis during the entire donor period.